April 6th 2014 - Sundamations

Go down

April 6th 2014 - Sundamations Empty April 6th 2014 - Sundamations

Post by Gr33nChip Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:16 am

What are Sundamations you ask? Well, according to Google it means... nothing. Sundamations gives zero search results (at the time of writing this) and it seems I just invented a word by combining Sundays with animations. Sundays are usually lazy days, so I decided to animate my pixel art on this laid back days, because this usually requires a lot of time, tests and patience.

Animations can really break or make the game, especially with minimal pixel graphics, where each pixel position makes a noticeable difference. That's why I decided to hand-craft the frames for the human walk and attack cycles at least. It might take more time than doing the animations simply in a bone animation program, however the result is quite unique.

(Please note that all animations are Works in Progress and subject of change)

Human walk cycle:
April 6th 2014 - Sundamations TEhpdMk April 6th 2014 - Sundamations XiIr5h5April 6th 2014 - Sundamations ZgTfKry

Deer run cycle:
April 6th 2014 - Sundamations AEFintT April 6th 2014 - Sundamations VNwxwd0April 6th 2014 - Sundamations FVdgOva

I decided on 6 animation frames eventually - 6 frames result in an unnatural old-school look and feel to it, while still maintaining smoothness.

Now, I also decided on 8-directional sprites, so there is still a lot of work to do around here, but luckily, a Sunday comes at the end of every week.

So, stay tuned! Or you know, not... It's a free country.
Gr33nChip
Gr33nChip
Admin

http://greenchip.playogame.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum